What Are Live Online Casinos
Hundreds of online casinos with slot machines, table games, card games, and lotteries are available to you. The Live casino section is especially popular; you play against live dealers. You can communicate with them, which adds to the atmosphere and brings you the feeling of being in a brick-and-mortar gambling venue. Live casinos have many advantages; in this article, we will tell you what is live online casino in the USA, what games with live dealers are available to you, and what technologies casinos use to provide you with an unforgettable gaming experience.
What Is a Live Online Casino in General
In this section, you interact with professional croupiers who are the casino employees. At the same time, you do not need to visit a land-based gambling venue; you place bets on the website, and the casino streams the game from specially equipped studios using video cameras; you can also ask dealers questions through the chat.
Why Is It Worth Playing
Bets in Live casinos can bring you a positive gaming experience, because this game mode has several undeniable advantages:
- The possibility of placing bets without leaving your house. The atmosphere is as close as possible to a land-based gambling venue; live streams take place in studios stylized as land-based casinos. The card decks are laid out on a large table with markings, shuffling machines, authentic roulette wheels, and other equipment that is also available in offline gambling venues. And if you are a high roller, there are special tables with high betting limits.
- The availability of a live dealer. Live communication is one of the main features of live games; a professional croupier tells you the betting rules and the procedure, controls the moves, distributes cards, and announces the results.
- Fast communication. You can see and hear all the tips with the help of video broadcasting. You can ask questions and provide feedback via chat; the dealer sees the messages on their screen and responds quickly.
- Diverse functionality. The live casino games offer you more betting options in comparison to land-based gambling venues. For example, the Evolution provider allows you to bet on other participants in some of its games.
- No dress code. Live casinos are ideal for you if you cannot live without gambling, but do not want to visit gambling venues in person. You can place your bets while lying on the couch at home, on the beach, and anywhere else — no one cares about your appearance.
This format makes it possible to feel like you are in a land-based gambling venue; you can chat with the dealer and other participants at the table, while remaining anonymous.
Unlike some offline venues, online casinos do not have a schedule, so Live games are available 24/7.
This mode will continue to develop further; this is the most realistic betting format on gambling sites, and it has a great future. More and more gamblers who used to play only slots and other games with RNG are trying to bet live. This format gives them access to a large number of games and tables with different limits, gives them live communication and accessibility via the Internet.
Virtual reality technologies continue to develop; they may allow you to move around the gaming halls, touch your cards, and observe everything that happens around you in the near future.
Technologies are evolving, which has a positive effect on the quality of animation and graphics. 5G provides high Internet speed: online games become faster, more responsive, and accessible to many customers.
How Does Live Dealer Casino Work
The gameplay is shown in real time through live streaming. Many do not understand how does live casino work and what ensures the fast connection between the player and the dealer. The fact is that cameras that capture everything that happens at the table are installed in the studios; software processes this data and encodes it. The interface provides a chat to communicate with the dealer and other users.
There is no demo mode; to play at the table, create an account, make a deposit, and select a specific game.
The absence of a free version is explained by the fact that companies spend money on paying staff, buying and maintaining equipment.
Broadcasts are held in different languages, the minimum and maximum bet limits depend on the selected table — they are available in the lobby over the titles logos. Bets are accepted in your account currency. Each session, you have limited time to place the chips; if you do not understand the rules well, the dealer tells you the sequence of actions; you see and hear their tips thanks to the broadcast.
Live Casino Dealer Meaning
The dealers are responsible for managing the game, accepting bets, and announcing the results of the round. Thanks to their availability, you will not feel any difference between betting online and visiting a traditional land-based casino. Dealers should know the rules of the game thoroughly and behave professionally, so all reliable brands send them for training before hiring.
The dealer has additional software which helps them during the game and allows them to level out errors due to the human factor. For example, OCR technology is responsible for optical character recognition. All images are captured by the algorithm and converted into digital form; you see this information on your screen. The live casino meaning of GCU is important, because it displays your bet amount and other actions to the dealer.
The Live casino operation is based on a set of technologies, and each performing its own functions.
Studios, Cameras & Control
The cameras provide live streaming; there are compact and powerful devices that provide high-quality video. 2-3 cameras are installed from different angles for maximum table visibility.
Another important element is the GCU; this is a game control unit that assists the dealer. This is a small device that encodes everything that the camera captures.
Online casinos make contracts with official providers of original equipment and place them in their studios. For example, a roulette wheel has electronic sensors that transmit data to the gambling site software.
They show what is available on your screens; using the monitor, the dealer keeps track of your bets, the list of participants who have joined the table, and messages from the chat for prompt responses to questions.
Differences Between Online & Live Casino Sites
Live dealer games are often available in a separate Live section of the official casino website. They differ in that you play against a live dealer and other users, while artificial intelligence works in regular slots, card and table games, and a random number generator determines the results.
You cannot play for virtual chips in Live casinos, while demo modes are available in standard slot machines on many gambling sites. They combine the advantages of online gambling and the excitement that you receive when you visit land-based gambling venues. The slot machines display an electronic version of the playing field; however, Live dealer games are streamed live from the special studios. There is also a chat for communication with the dealer and other players.
Top Types of Live Casino Games
Live versions of card and table games are available; these are games that are held in brick-and-mortar studios and streamed live in online casinos.
|Poker||To win, you need to collect the highest combination. There are many poker versions; 3 cards are dealt instead of 2, 7 cards are split into two hands, etc. Please read the rules before starting a specific poker game.|
|Roulette||Dozens of betting options are available on the playing field: there are external, internal, and additional bets. The rules are simple; you need to guess on which sector the ball lands after the wheel stops spinning. To make a bet, place chips on a specific number or a group of them. The most popular roulette versions are European, French, and American (with 0 and 00 sectors).|
|Blackjack||You play against the dealer; the deck and their hand are always visible thanks to the live stream, so there is no rigging. To win, you need to score more points than the dealer, but no more than 21. Blackjack has simple game rules and a dynamic betting process.|
|Baccarat||You can bet on the Player, Banker, or Draw. Some versions have additional bets. The winner is the one who scores the number of points as close as possible to 9. When iterating points, 10 is subtracted from the total.|
|Craps||This is the fascinating live casino game where you can bet on the Pass or No Pass and throw the dice yourself. Winning or losing depends on what numbers appear after the dice roll.|
Live casinos do not stand still and continue to develop; you can play various lotteries, bingo, keno, and game shows with the Wheel of Fortune with a live dealer.
How to Play at Live Casinos
To place bets in Live games, create an account on the gambling site with a Live section. Be sure to make a deposit that corresponds to the online casino limits.
Check the range of minimum and maximum bets at the table you are going to play in advance so that you have enough bankroll for a long time.
The gameplay stages differ depending on the selected game. Here is an example of how to play roulette with a live dealer:
- Go to the online casino official website.
- Go to the Live section lobby and select one of the roulette options. The logo shows the provider, betting limits, and the number of participants who have joined the table.
- Press the Play button.
- After loading, you see the dealer, as well as the interface with the control panel; it displays the data processed by the control unit: bets, results, and other information.
- You have about 15-20 seconds to bet; the software will process your selection.
- After the time expires, the dealer announces “No more bets”, after which the buttons become inactive.
- The dealer then spins the wheel and rolls the ball. The result will become known after the ball stops at a certain sector. The dealer announces it, and it also appears on the screen.
You can continue the game by repeating the above steps or leave the table at any time.
Betting success in poker, blackjack, baccarat, and other table games depends not only on luck, but also on knowledge and experience. By following these guidelines, you will reduce the house edge and save your bankroll:
- Know when to hold cards and when to fold them. For example, you can use a basic blackjack strategy that suggests actions for a particular hand — stop, get, split, double, etc.
- Bet on the Banker in baccarat. This outcome occurs more than half the time (about 53%) compared to a Player win or a Draw. Because of this, the casino charges 5% of your winnings.
- Choose roulette with one zero. These are classic French and European versions of the game which are available in almost any live online casino for US players. There are numbers from 0 to 36 on the wheel. We recommend avoiding American roulette and other types where there is 00 in addition to 0; in this case, the house edge increases from 2.7 to 5.26%.
- Don’t insure the bet. Regardless of the amount invested, do not use this option when the dealer’s up card is an ace. There are only 4 cards that will eventually give them blackjack, so the probability is small. And if this does not happen, you lose the insurance amount.
- Bet on equal chances. Roulette has odd/even, red/black, and low/high numbers outside bets. They pay out 1:1, but the odds are almost 50/50.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Live Casinos
|Feeling of a land-based gambling venue||No demo mode|
|Live communication with a professional dealer||Limited time to bet|
|Gameplay close to reality||You need to understand the rules|
|Some sites allow you to watch the broadcast without a deposit|
|Transparency of results thanks to video cameras, different broadcast angles, the control unit, etc.|