Features of Online roulette
There are no big differences between roulette games online and at land-based casinos. The rules, the roulette wheel, and the layout of the betting field are all very similar. The main difference is in starting the wheel. At land-based casinos, there’s a a live dealer always responsible for spinning the wheel. Online, the spins are based on RNG.
There are two game modes available:
- Regular. The entire roulette gambling process is controlled by a special program, giving random results of spins and automatic calculation of winnings.
- Live. Here, bets are made at live tables. The game process is controlled by the dealer, but the players themselves place chips on the field using an interactive panel.
Online roulette is available in tens of versions. The main differences are in the rules, the number of sectors, additional betting tracks, and several other parameters.
However, all the existing examples are just modified versions of several common types:
- European Roulette. The wheel has one zero sector. The game is played according to its standard rules. The house edge is 2.7%.
- American Roulette. The wheel has two Zero sectors. Their presence increases the house edge to 5.26%.
- French Roulette. It follows additional En Prison and La Partage rules. They apply even odds bets and reduce the house edge to 1.35%.
- No Zero. The wheel does not have a zero sector. Thanks to this, the casino doesn’t get an advantage over the player. However, there’s a fixed commission deducted from each payout.
Basic Roulette Rules
The main task for the players is to guess what sector the ball ends up in after the wheel stops. It is quite difficult to guess this precisely, so there are other betting options available to players. Internal bets include:
|Name||What to Bet on||Payout Ratio|
|6 numbers||Two rows of three numbers each||5:1|
External bets are:
|Name||What to Bet on||Payout Ratio|
|Color of the sector||Red or black||1:1|
|1 to 18 (Low, Manque) / 19 to 36 (High, Passe)||1-18 or 19-36||1:1|
|Even / Odd||Even or odd numbers||1:1|
Casinos to Play Roulette for Real Money
There are many online casinos offering to place bets in roulette. However, most of them have a dubious reputation, so there is a risk of being deceived and losing your money.
To help the players, the editors at slotsandcasinos.org have prepared this special rating, which includes the best online casinos with roulette. They guarantee random, non-affected results of the wheel spins and timely payouts.
How to Choose a Reliable Casino
When looking for a reliable online casino with roulette, you need to pay attention to the following main criteria:
- License. It confirms the legitimacy of an online casino.
- Time of operating. It is best to choose casinos launched more than a year ago.
- Promos for new customers. The more bonuses the casino offers for signing up and first deposits, the better.
- Catalog. You neeed to make sure that the casino with roulette has the game types you are interested in.
- Financial options. It’s best to consider the minimum limits on deposits and withdrawals, the terms and conditions, payment methods, etc.
Additionally, you should consider the quality of the support service and the available communication options. It’s important that technical support responds quickly and provides detailed answers.
How to Start Playing for Real Money
After learning the rules and choosing the best online casino to play at, you are almost ready to start spinning the wheel. First, however, you need to take a few more steps.
Registering at the Casino
Online roulette for real money is available only to registered players.
To register an account, you need to:
- Press the Register button on the casino’s homepage.
- Fill out the form, entering the required personal data — email address, login, password, account currency, country of residence, etc.
- Accept the terms of the user agreement.
- Enter the captcha and press the Create Account button.
Registering is available only to players aged 18 and older.
The next step is making a deposit.
Players can use:
- Bank cards.
- Electronic wallets.
- Mobile commerce.
- Online payment services.
- Internet banking.
To add money to your balance, you need to open your account and follow these steps:
- Open the Cashier section.
- Select the Deposit tab.
- Enter the amount and your preferred payment method.
- Press the Pay button and confirm the transaction.
Then the money is immediately credited to the account. There may be a commission debited depending on the payment method.
Each online casino offers different roulette games. You need to open the roulette section and learn the available options. Then open the tables that you liked the most.
You should consider:
- Table limits.
- Current payout rates.
- Option to see statistics on previously drawn numbers.
- Convenience of the interface.
To start a game, you need to place bets. Here’s a step-by-step instruction:
- Choose the value of the chips at the bottom of the page.
- Press on the sectors of the playing field you wish to bet on.
- Set the amount, adding more chips if necessary.
- Press the Start button to launch the wheel and wait for it to stop.
Winnings are paid out immediately. You can see the total winnings amount on the Win board.
You can request to withdraw the received winnings at any time. To do this, you need to:
- Open the Cashier section.
- Select the Withdrawal tab.
- Select the payment method, details, and amount.
- Press the Request button.
Payout requests are processed on a first come, first served basis. Online casinos with instant withdrawals make payouts within a few minutes. Still, there are sites where payouts take longer — from 2-3 hours to 1 day.
You can receive your winnings only using the same method that you used to make a deposit.
Option to Play for Free and Without Registering
All casinos with online roulette offer a demo mode. Here you can play for free and without registering. You use virtual chips for bets. This is a great option to try your hand and test your strategies without any risks.
Pros and Cons
|Large number of types (European Roulette, American Roulette, etc.).||Can't play for free at live tables.|
|Wide range of bets.||Low payout rates for the external bets.|
|Option to use mathematical strategies.||Can’t receive the money won right away – the casino administration has to approve it first.|
|Combining different bets.|
|Live dealer tables available.|
|Demo mode for gaining experience.|
Roulette has a large number of fans. They prefer to play online roulette for its classy design, simple interface, and beautiful spin launching mechanics.
In reviews, players also note other great features:
- Large number of different bets.
- High chances of winning right away as well as in the long run.
- Fast calculations of winning bets.
- Option to reduce the house edge using strategies and programs.
Most players choose roulette for its atmosphere and its simple rules. It can be exciting both for beginner and experienced players.
Yes, you can use a no deposit bonus or welcome bonus.
European and French — they have the smallest house edge.
Red Rake, Playtech, NetEnt, Wazdan, Microgaming, and others.
This is a live roulette game but there is no dealer at the table. Bets are accepted and the wheel starts automatically using special software.
The most popular strategies are Martingale, D'Alembert, Labouchere and Fibonacci.
Yes, It is required at most licensed online casinos.
Yes, you can find mobile versions of roulette with real money bets at online casinos.