What Are Online Video Slots
Video slots are modern slot machines. They are based on different types of mechanics. They are also different in the number of lines, the level of dispersion, the return percentage, and the size of payouts. However, without exception, all these slots provide a high-quality visual component with animations and special effects.
These slot machines are produced in different genres. They are based on original storylines, fairy tales, or books. Some slots are based on cartoons, comics, and blockbusters in collaboration with famous film studios. This makes your gameplay even more interesting and exciting.
Classic Slots vs Video Slots
In terms of popularity, video slots are ahead of classic slots. The reason for that is their superior technical and gaming features.
|Parameter||Classic Slots||Video Slots|
|Mechanics||Linear||Cluster, Linear, Megaways|
|Number of reels||3 or 5||From 5 to 10|
|Prize rounds||Risk game||Respins, Themed Bonus Games, Free Spins, etc.|
|Theme||Retro and Fruits||Variety of themes: Pirates, Pharaohs, Superheroes, Conquistadors, etc.|
|Visualization||2D graphics||3D, HD, VR|
Online casino video slots also provide higher payout rates. They reach x10,000-x15,000. In most classic slot machines, the range of multipliers is x1,000-x3,000.
How to Play Casino Video Games
The rules of online slots are very simple. To start a game, you need to activate the lines, set your bet size, and press the Start button to launch the reels.
You get prize payouts for combinations of identical symbols. Their sequence begins with the leftmost reel.
In some slots, combinations are counted in both directions, which lets you get prizes more often.
Winnings are credited according to your payout table. The range of rates in it varies depending on your selected slot machine.
You may see special symbols appearing during a game, which may active prize features and bonus rounds.
|Wild||Replaces other symbols||Increases the chances of getting prize combinations.|
|Scatter||Paid regardless of the positions on the lines||It is credited according to the total bet per spin. In some slots, 3-5 scatter symbols activate a free spins round.|
|Multiplier||Increases winnings by x2 or more||Lets you get larger payouts for a successful spin.|
|Bonus||Activates a themed bonus round||Bonus payments for choosing items or completing levels.|
|Respins||Restarting the reels||Free spin with a possible winning combination.|
|Free spins||Free spins round||Getting payouts without risking your own money.|
Free Video Slots
You don’t need to spend your money to spin the reels of slot machines. You can play video slots for free in demo mode. Here, you use virtual credits for bets. This eliminates any financial risks for you.
To start a game, you need to select a slot and press the Demo button. The game will start in its free version. Your account will already have virtual credits for betting. If you run out of credits, just refresh the page.
Real Money Games
Payouts you get in the demo mode can’t be withdrawn. To do this, you need to be playing slots for money. But first, you need to register at the online casino. The procedure involves filling out a standard form. It contains the following personal data:
- Email address.
- Country of residence.
- Nickname and password.
- Currency, etc.
After submitting the form, you get access to your Personal Account. In it, select the Deposit tab and, using a convenient payment method, deposit money to your account balance.
At some casinos, you can start a game with a no deposit bonus. It can be credited as free spins or a starting bankroll.
To start the slot machine in a paid mode, you need to hover over its cover and press the Play button. Then you place a bet, activate the lines, and press the Start button.
The money that you win when playing slots for real money can be withdrawn to your personal account at any time.
Jackpots at Video Slots
In some slot machines, you can play for jackpots. Jackpots are big prize pools and they are divided into 2 main categories:
- Fixed. The jackpot amount is set by the software provider. It can be constant or it can depend on the size of the bet.
- Progressive. The prize pool is formed from a certain percentage of players’ bets. Thanks to this, the amount is constantly growing until one of the lucky players manages to hit the jackpot. After that, the prize pool begins to accumulate again.
In online video slots, there can be several jackpots played out at once. They are divided into 3-5 levels, such as Minor, Major, and Grand. Each of them is assigned to a specific range of bets.
There are hundreds of software providers creating slots. However, not all of them produce high-quality gaming software with good features. So, when choosing slots at online casinos, players like to see well-known and reputable developers. This list includes:
- Yggdrasil Gaming.
- Pragmatic Play.
- Play N’ Go.
These reputable providers produce advanced gaming software with high technical parameters. Before getting delivered to an online casino, the software goes through multiple checks and has to be certified by independent laboratories. This guarantees the slots’ high quality and compliance with the declared parameters.
Top-10 Online Video Slots
Casino video games range has thousands of different titles. The following games are especially popular among players.
|Jack Hammer||5||25||A round with free spins|
|Gonzo Quest||5||20||Cascading reels
|Zeus||5||25||A bonus round and free spins|
|Cleopatra||5||20||Free spins with triple rate|
|Divine Fortune||5||20||A round with free spins
|Blood Suckers||5||25||Free spins with an х3 multiplier
A themed bonus game
|Cheeky Fruits Deluxe||6||5||Free spins and a jackpot|
|Starburst||5||10||Offset of combinations in both directions
|Cleo’s Charms||5||20||Triple multiplier free spins and a risk game|
|Piggy Riches||5||15||A themed bonus game|
How to Win at Casino Video Games
To increase your chances of getting prize payouts when playing online slots, you need to follow the recommendations below:
- Choose slots with a high RTP. It reflects the level of return to player. The higher it is, the more you can win at the slot. So, professionals choose slot machines with an RTP of 97% or above.
- Take volatility into account. The higher its level, the less often the slot machine gives out payouts. However, that means the payouts are larger. Slot machines with low volatility bring smaller payouts but do so more often. The first type of slot is suitable for playing with a large bankroll, while the second is suitable for playing with a smaller bankroll.
- Don’t play at high stakes. Video slots aren’t sensitive to amounts per spin. The chance of receiving a prize payout is the same for both the minimum and maximum bets. So, it makes no sense to risk big.
- Activate all lines. This lets you not miss a single winning combination.
- Use strategies. They help you reduce risks and turn a profit at the end of the session.
Benefits of Playing Free Video Slots
Playing in demo versions of the slot machines opens up the following pros for players:
- Learning the rules. You can understand the gameplay mechanics, the principle of activating prize options, and the way bonus rounds work.
- Gaining experience. This applies those who don’t yet have the necessary knowledge to play slots.
- Evaluating the gameplay and the level of impact. You can understand how interesting and profitable it is to play the slot.
Free video slot games are also great for testing popular strategies and your own tactics. You can assess whether they work and which ones are most suitable for betting with money.
No, you can spin the reels of free slots any number of times.
No, demo versions are available to play without registering.
No, all slots support the web version, so they can be played directly in your browser.
You need to register at a casino where new players get no deposit bonuses. The list is available here in our rating.
Yes, these casinos support mobile devices and offer a responsive interface and simple navigation.
No, their technical parameters are completely the same.